Monday, January 9, 2017

Christmas Break

December, 2016

It's that time of year when most everyone is home for break enjoying Christmas with their folks. This is actually my first legitimate 'Christmas Break', as being a youngin growin up at home you're always home for Christmas, and when you're older still living at home and you get a 'Christmas Break' off work it feels just like regular living, and finally because in all my wanderings I'm always back home by late November or early December. So as the case stands, this is my first Christmas Break, and all I've heard about it is definitely true. First off, it's awesome to be back with my family and spending time with them, and also to be with my church family as well. Secondly, everything seems to have changed, yet at the same time it's just like normal. And thirdly, wait, I blinked, it's over. Yup. Just like that and it's gone. Soon I'll be getting in a plane and flying back to college, leaving all my family and friends back at home. Sadness! Yet it is at this moment that the words of a wise man comes back to me: "Don't be spendin all your time thinking of the by-and-gone good ole days. Remember that THESE days are the good ole days. Where you are at RIGHT NOW is the good ole days. Enjoy it while it's here." I think that's good advice for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment