Tuesday, August 15, 2017

To Write, or Not to Write

Everyone wants to have written, but nobody wants to write.  I have found this to be 98% true. For months and months, possibly a few years now, I’ve thought it a good idea to write about things that have happened to me and things I have thought about. But that’s just it. I’ve only thought about it, I’ve never actually done it. Well, there’s only one way to change that: write. So here goes nothing. Or something, I hope. I guess you could say writing is a lot like other things in life. The only way to actually get it done is to start, and not give it up. Even if it’s only a little a day. If you want to get stronger, what do you do? Start exercising a little each day, and when it becomes routine, increase it a little. If you want to have strong friendships, what do you do? Interact with them throughout the week, not just call them once a month. So, if you’d like to write, start writing. Try doing it just once or twice a week, and see what happens. You’ll never know if you never go.

No comments:

Post a Comment