Friday, December 8, 2017

Foreign Countries

One of these days, I'll go to another country. America is great and all, there's forests and mountains, deserts and tundra, beaches and plains, I've seen it all; but I want to get a good idea of how the rest of the world works, looks, and acts. I've come mighty close to getting outside America, but I've never quite gotten there. I've looked across the Rio Grande and beheld the fair deserts of Mexico (though it looked just as barren and bland as West Texas), and I've looked out of an airplane down onto the bonny lands of Canada. I suppose I've technically been in Canadian airspace, but that doesn't really count. Years ago we almost moved to China, and a couple years after that we almost moved to Belize, but both of those plans fell through. And then I almost went on a long bicycle trip through Europe, but that plan got axed when I decided to go to college in Idaho. And then my passport expired, and now I'm not even in a position to be able to renew it. *sigh... One of these days I'll make it. One of these days I'll see Nepal, or Denmark, or Australia. Who knows, we'll see.

But... several weeks ago I noticed that some random person from Albania had been reading some of the stuff I've written here. He pops in every now and then, and there's also a handful of people from Russia and Italy and a couple other places. So, here's a shout-out to all yall who don't live in America: send me your email address and I'll write to you, and we can tell each other about ourselves. (You could comment on this post and I'll see it, or you could find some other way to get a hold of me. (Also, I am unfortunately quite unlearned in other languages. All I know is Latin fairly well, a little bit of ASL (as in I'm slow, but I can converse with deaf people), enough to order a pizza in Spanish, and how to say 'bless you' when a Russian sneezes. That's about it. Hopefully you know English, otherwise I don't think we'll get very far. Sorry guys!) Personally, I'd love to hear about Albania, I don't know anything about it except that it's in northwest Africa. I've never attempted to make friends with random people on the internet before, but I guess there's a first for everything. And that'd be really cool if this plan actually worked! Who knows? It just might!

No comments:

Post a Comment