Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Running Llama Wool

Tuesday, October 17th, 2017

We decided to go for a run. Fun? You bet. As it was Luke ran upstairs to grab something, and I, since I was already ready, *heh heh*, decided to get some alpaca wool ready. Let me explain, briefly: getting wool is symbolic of preparing to dupe somebody, play a trick on them, or surprise them. That's where we get 'pull the wool over their eyes' from. And why alpaca wool? Because alpaca wool is very high quality stuff, and is more expensive because of how good it is. In other words, by saying I was getting some alpaca wool ready, I meant that I was going to pull a stunt on Luke. Well actually it wasn't that amazing of a stunt, so maybe it was only llama wool. At any rate, I was ready. Our staircase descends, like most do, down, eventually, at the bottom, meeting with, you guessed it, the ground floor. Seven and a half steps, half the length of the staircase, are at the bottom lined with a metal railing designed to prevent one from falling into the living room. When one descends the stairs, you can look down into the living room, and likewise, can in turn be seen from the living room. Now, no one would expect anybody to try and jump out and surprise them while they're descending the stairs, because there's not really a spot to jump out from because of the emptiness of the space there. Such endeavors are generally left to hiding behind doors, around corners, under tables, and the like; which is precisely why I chose this spot: nobody ever has their guard up whilst descending the stairs. I laid right along the side of the staircase beneath the railing, where only if you were paying attention would you notice me. I lay and waited. And then down traipsed Luke, and I jumped out and grabbed his legs. A holler of surprise was let out and my undertaking was successful! Froh, sitting on the couch, laughed too; he saw it all.

After that we started our run and took off wherever the wind drove us. We ended up at a park with bars to swing on and grass to roll in, which, of course, we did. We swung around and had fun, doing various tricks on the metal bars, and then we went rolling in the grass. Not rolling as in going down a hill, but practicing our 'safety rolls', the ones you use when jumping from a height, diving over tall objects, or saving yourself from other fun stuff gone wrong. They're quite useful! So we practiced for a while, and then, on our way back, determined to come back every Tuesday afternoon to get some good exercise and practice. As they say, practice makes perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Wool. I never would have guessed! :'D Leaf, you might be more than a bit addicted to the stuff...

    ReplyDelete